Messenger Usage has dramatically increased during this current crisis.
In a recent article, Facebook quoted that
- In many of the countries hit hardest by the virus, messaging platform use has increased more than 50% over the last month.
- In places hit hardest by the virus, voice and video calling have more than doubled on Messenger and WhatsApp.
- In Italy, specifically: They have seen up to 70% more time spent across their apps since the crisis arrived in the country.
- Instagram and Facebook Live views doubled in a week.
- They have also seen messaging increase over 50% and time in group calling (calls with three or more participants) increase by over 1,000% during the last month.
We have often shown statistics proving that customers are more receptive to marketing on platforms where they are already communicating with each other.
Think back to the reason email marketing became popular.
Businesses and customers were already using it to communicate daily and marketers cottoned on to this.
If you are not already using messenger or chat marketing as a part of your overall marketing or customer contact strategy, it’s time to think again.